Fortinet offers award-winning cybersecurity training and certifications through the Fortinet Training Institute and its various programs. The Network Security Expert (NSE) Certification program has eight levels of training and certifications designed to provide professionals with an independent validation of their network security skills and experience. Additionally, the NSE Certification program is the certification foundation of the Fortinet Engage Partner Program, offering a number of benefits for partners’ overall business and their employees.
How Fortinet Training Propels Partners
Fortinet’s NSE Certification program includes a wide range of self-paced and instructor-led training courses, along with practical exercises that demonstrate mastery of complex network security concepts. In addition to helping partners validate their network security skills and experience, below are five benefits of Fortinet NSE Certifications for partners and their employees.
- A Proven Path to Specialization and Profitability: Through the Security Fabric, Fortinet delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. When partners focus on the NSE Certification program, they are building their expertise of Fortinet’s technology while expanding and advancing their knowledge to meet their customers’ security requirements. It also allows partners faster access to Engage Specializations, and the associated benefits. This gives partners the flexibility to grow their services and expertise as their business expands, and also supports their goals for resource efficiency and profitability.
- Proven Credibility: The NSE Certification program is recognized as a worldwide leader in the industry. Combined with Fortinet’s industry-leading security solutions, over 1,200 patents, top-rated threat intelligence, and leadership in independent analyst reports, partners who become certified offer a wealth of credibility when engaging with customers.
- Expanding Customer Wallet Share: Employees that have upper-level certifications (NSE level 7 and 8) have the knowledge to work on larger, more challenging projects, allowing partners to become a true customer advocate and build long-term, profitable relationships. Advanced and Expert NSE levels better enable partners to address their customers’ ever-growing, expanding and complex security concerns.
- Marketing Differentiator: As partners move up in their certification levels, the Engage Partner Program benefits expand as well. Not only does it allow partners to move up program levels (which brings more discounts), partners are also recognized on Fortinet’s Partner Locator, have access to Fortinet’s Specialization program, and experience Fortinet’s commitment to the channel through the Engage Partner Program. The Engage Partner Program offers partners sustained sales, marketing, and executive support to grow a productive and profitable security practice.
- Growing Internal Team Talent: Because of the shortage of cybersecurity pros, many partners have used NSE training to grow talent from within. Training can take an eager, motivated level 1 or 2 employee to the next level. Although investing in employees takes time, it’s an excellent way for partners to provide professional development, increase employee retention and provide new opportunities to those staff members who are willing to learn and put in the time to move up in their careers.
Working Together to Close the Skills Gap
The Fortinet Training Institute programs are advancing Fortinet’s mission to help tackle the cybersecurity workforce gap. The skills gap is a challenge many organizations face, including partners. For example, a recent Fortinet survey found that 64% of organizations experienced breaches that resulted in lost revenue and/or cost them fines during the past year.
Fortinet’s training and certification programs are helping advance the skills and knowledge of our partners and their customers so that their organizations and employees aren’t at risk to threats and cybercriminals. This coupled with the benefits outlined above is helping set up our partners to provide their customers not only with industry-leading security solutions, but also the expertise and knowledge needed to combat today’s sophisticated threats.