What are cookies?
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers that are sent by web servers to web browsers and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from a server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Which cookies are usd and how does Deltalink uses them?
Deltalink uses only session cookies, which will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Google analytics: This cookie allows us to identify unique users and sessions, to throttle the request rate, to store information about users` sessions and campaigns.
Cookies do not give us information that personally identifies you. However it is possible that we link your personal information, which can be obtain throughout the Deltalink dealerzone, to the information obtained from cookies.
It is possible that we use information, obtained by cookies for the following purposes:
- recognizing your computer when you visit the Deltalink website
- upgrading or improving the usability/user friendliness of the Deltalink website
- analysing the use of the Deltalink website
- using third party cookies*
*The Deltalink website also includes other, third party cookies: social media buttons (Facebook/twitter/linkedin/youtube/slideshare)
- Internet Explorer: “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector
- Mozilla Firefox: “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Last, you can also decide to delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer:
- Internet Explorer: You must manually delete cookie files
- Mozilla Firefox: First you have to ensure that cookies are deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then click “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.